Kucing Gatal Speaks

Saturday, July 08, 2006

No Sugar Daddies, thank you

Every Monday to Friday I get up early to head to a job I hate, just so I'm able to pay my bills and buy whatever my greedy little heart desires. Every Sunday night I start thinking about work and my mood darkens. I start thinking about the crowded train rides, the backstabbing colleagues, the thankless work and my mind conjures up all sorts of excuses not to go in to work the next morning.

It wasn't always like this. I used to have a job that I truly loved, in a tiny little company with really great colleagues. Too bad the company was mismanaged and it went bankrupt.

A month of unemployment later, I was getting desperate, and finally landed this job, with the unpredictable boss. Sure, it pays the bills, but it can get mind-numbingly boring. And I know I can perform much better but I just lack the passion to put my heart and soul into my work.

I am still at that stage where I know what I want to do (own my own business) but lack the courage (and capital) to take the leap. Running your own business isn't easy. Yes, you are your own boss, but ... you are your own boss. That means if you don't do a good job, you don't get paid.

Someone asked me why don't I just get a Sugar Daddy. There are lots in KL if you know where to look, but I'm totally uninterested. I want to make it on my own, not have some sleazy old man make me dance to his tune just so I can have a nice condo, new car, etc. I have no respect for mistresses who are in it for the money, nor do I have any respect for the men who leave their wives at home while they go gallivanting about shamelessly. I want to be able to look at everything I own and say with pride, "I earned this."

I'm slowly saving up, and someday I will have enough to maybe buy something small, and with some luck, and a lot of hard work, I want to turn it into something super successful. If only I can figure out what the next big thing would be ...

Till next time, this is Kucing Gatal signing out with an entrepreneurial Meow.

8 Comments:

  • You can do it. Most of all, don't give up your dream. And do alot of planning as well. Goodluck girl.

    By Blogger Benkaiser, at July 08, 2006 6:50 PM  

  • Hey there,
    It ain't easy being your own boss. I tried it out, and I came out two years later with a very valuable lesson of self-realisation: I am a crap entrepreneur.

    So now I focus on what I do best, which is... whatever I do -lah...

    But if you have the belief, the sefl conviction, the capacity for sacrifice.. then go on, take that leap.

    Life is too short for "what ifs" later on...

    All the best!

    By Blogger Keropok, at July 09, 2006 4:18 PM  

  • Kesian KG.... You know, YOU could be the next big thing.

    By Blogger plink, at July 09, 2006 11:08 PM  

  • well if we look at it on their point we'll say well they earned it... by being a mistress...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 11, 2006 12:47 PM  

  • Benkaiser, Keropok, Plink: Thanks :) Nice to hear those encouraging words. In the end I have to make that leap of faith, I just have to figure out when I'll be ready.

    Anonymous: They'd still lose out on respect.

    Ahmog: Congratulations.

    By Blogger Kucing Gatal, at July 12, 2006 5:21 PM  

  • My pleasure.
    Hope you're keeping well.
    Stay strong.

    By Blogger Keropok, at July 12, 2006 6:48 PM  

  • yeah, i got the same feeling here too...

    1. always fear of this backstabbing thing... either they have no guts to say it in front of my face... well, i just spit it out in their face when opportunity comes

    2. peanuts pay but do so much... thanking me also is not sincere... increasing my pay also is not sincere... and still is below the market rate... blardy f**K!

    Sigh... hate it so much... yeah...

    By Blogger william wilstroth, at July 20, 2006 8:17 AM  

  • It s not easy to find a sugar daddy. The way you see it as if you can easily find a man who will give you a lot of money to buy condo etc just to be his bed mate.

    You have to be beautiful enough to attract that kind of men with money. and how do you know the men you attract has the money to buy you condo. You do it first then maybe he will buy you condo. I don't think there is any man who will buy you a condo before you let them do anything to you. By the time you let them do things to you, he may be a small time business men with 10 kids....

    Those young beautiful girls who got condos just strke it lucky to get a generous man. You over simplify, to show you haven't got the experience. You dont' need to buy a condo for a woman to do things to a woman..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 12, 2007 10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home