Kucing Gatal Speaks

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Muse wanted

I've been neglecting my blog lately, mostly due to work commitments. Ever notice how your boss happens to pass by your desk whenever you're doing something that's not work related? Whenever I get a bit bored and start surfing, somehow the boss senses it from across the room and makes his way towards my desk. Sometimes I'm so absorbed that I don't even notice he's there until he speaks, which makes me jump out of my skin.

By then it's too late to close whatever window I have open, so I just have to look confident, stare him in the eye and ask him what the hell he wants. In a more polite way of course. If it's not the boss, it's some big mouthed colleague who will very loudly ask, "Eh, surfing AGAIN ah??!" or "You buying something from ebay ah??!" or "Is that your blog??!"

Sometimes I wish this colleague would be run over by a very big lorry when she's crossing the road. Then I realise how mean I'm being and pray for forgiveness. After all, pity the lorry driver who'll be haunted for the rest of his life by a loud-mouthed girl screaming at him: "You couldn't see me meh??! So blind ah??! Stupid bastard, why you langgar me??!"

Anyway, I've been lucky so far. Never been told off by the boss for all that unproductive surfing, but that's probably because I get my work done well on time. Otherwise I'd probably be the reason for an office-wide memo banning all Internet surfing during work hours.

But the boss has been in a spectacularly bad mood recently and I don't want to give him an excuse to get mad at me and fire me or worse, yell at me in front of everyone. That would be incredibly malufying. Hence, no blogging during working hours.

And the rest of the time? Well, I'm just plain lazy ;) Plus my life's been so boring lately that there's nothing interesting to blog about. I think I'm suffering from blogger's block. Anyone got a cure?

Till next time, this is Kucing Gatal signing out with an uninspired Meow.

5 Comments:

  • yea we can all be guilty for surfing/blogging during work times lol

    By Blogger Reta, at February 04, 2006 9:12 PM  

  • its so hard not to blog or surf during working hours...kan?
    i need a cure too...tapi for a different reason.
    need to do more work around the office...and less blogging.
    :)

    By Blogger popcornelvis, at February 04, 2006 11:32 PM  

  • Cyber-red, superdzu, xaph: When I blog at work, I do it using MS Word ... much safer than typing it in Blogger directly ;) And Xaph, it's pretty safe, I'm good friends with the IT geek, plus the boss is rather IT illiterate :) But now the boss is on the warpath, so even Word isn't discreet enough for the time being.

    Kuetart: No more aunt agony letters, they seem to have dried up. Perhaps people don't want my advice ;)

    Plink: A new competition ... that's a good idea. Perhaps soon!

    By Blogger Kucing Gatal, at February 06, 2006 5:11 PM  

  • you already have a muse. Yourself! I'm sure you've stories to tell other than those seeking your advice.

    By Blogger sic6sense, at February 07, 2006 2:46 PM  

  • actually you can blog via email.

    By Blogger rijac, at February 11, 2006 12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home