Kucing Gatal Speaks

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The News

A few days ago someone special called to wish me a Happy New Year.

"You're a couple of weeks late," I told him coldly.

"Ya I know, sorry, been busy." He sounded truly apologetic. "What have you been up to?"

"Nothing much. Same old routine really."

"I see. Hey, want to have dinner?" The words came out in a rush.

I paused. I wanted to, but I knew I shouldn't, from past experience.

"Err..." I started.

"Doesn't have to be tonight," he said hurriedly. "Whenever you're free."

"I don't know ..."

A long pause.

"Kucing, I'm sorry about what happened before. I really am."

"Listen, I got to go, there's someone at the door," I lied, then hung up.

I didn't want to be sucked into his little world of lies and deceit again. To think I had been so easily manipulated before.

A few minutes later an SMS from him came through. "Forgive me please."

I thought about it for a few minutes, then replied, "OK." I would forgive him, but I wouldn't repeat my mistakes.

The phone rang almost immediately. It was him.

"Thanks for being so understanding. I really appreciate it!"

"Yeah, OK."

"Kucing, actually I called to tell you something. I wanted to tell you over dinner, but can't wait. And I wanted you to be the first to know."

"What?"

There was a slight pause before he spoke.

"I'm getting married."

" ... "

Till next time, this is Kucing Gatal signing out with a sombre Meow.

16 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home