Kucing Gatal Speaks

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Embarrassing moments

I've been embarrassed so many times in my life I've lost count. The time I realised the top buttons of my blouse had popped open and my bra was happily viewing the world, while the world was happily viewing my bra and trying to peek beyond it.

The time(s) I fell down in public. The time I was dressed casually for a party and everyone else was dressed to kill. The time I greeted someone familiarly only to find it was a case of mistaken identity.

The time I tried to look cool driving my car and it stalled. The time(s) I opened my mouth and said something remarkably stupid or insensitive. The time I professed my love to a guy only to have him reject me.

As I get older, I'm less easily embarrassed. I have started worrying less about people's perception of me and I no longer wonder if they're all secretly laughing at me. I'm more confident in crowds and even if I say something stupid, I won't cringe for days afterwards the way I used to. It must be the maturity and wisdom that comes with age. I know that there are far bigger problems to worry about and so, little issues like having an entire conversation with someone and later realising that I had a speck of food caught between my teeth will embarrass me for probably 5 seconds, then I've moved on with a shrug.

Inevitably there will be many more embarrassing moments in the future, but I am secure in the knowledge that I'll be able to deal with them much better. Sometimes when I have nothing better to do, I travel back in time and remember major embarrassing incidents, and they make me laugh. Back then I wanted to crawl in a hole and die, but now they make entertaining stories.

I'd like to hear about embarrassing incidents that have happened to you. Somehow, hearing about other people's follies makes one feel better. So go ahead, share your stories, and spread some cheer ;)

Till next time, this is Kucing Gatal signing out with a confident Meow.

3 Comments:

  • er, having a friend coming up to you and say "dude, your fly's open!"?

    By Blogger narrowband, at September 10, 2005 2:16 AM  

  • mine jz happened recently,to b exact,last week..

    happily went clubbing with a few frenz in KL during the weekend, wearing this new miniskirt..if it wasn't bad enough i was stopped to check my IC (yes,im of legal age), there was this huge fan on the floor, which at that moment, made my skirt fly, and believe me, it reali flew up (think marilyn monroe) in front of the bouncers, the guy friends i was with, and god knows how many patrons else behind me..

    my guy frenz just stared at me with their mouths wide open,yes, their jaw dropped =P

    talk abt unsightly view..*lolz i just quickly walked inside without looking back..

    By Blogger H.C. Tan, at September 10, 2005 3:04 AM  

  • i've done everything u could possibly imagine.

    Stumbled down the road while trying to look posh walking in high heels(think wedding planner), smiling widely while having chilly stuck in between my teeth, popped not 1, but 2 buttons from my blouse,loudly greeted AND hugged ppl who I thought were my friends, hold hands with strangers, torn my skirt, piece of tissue stuck to my pants.

    Just to name a few... And yes, I'm still doing those embarassing things but I couldn't care less anymore. ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 10, 2005 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home