Kucing Gatal Speaks

Monday, August 29, 2005

Pet peeve: queue jumping

I hate queue jumpers! Why can't Malaysians be patient and orderly? I especially hate those who try and barge their way in the minute the LRT doors open, just so they can lunge for the first available seat. Bloody kiasu idiots! Sometimes I wish they would fall underneath the train, that would serve them right.

I'm so pissed off cos it happens day in and day out. Although there are signs everywhere telling people where to wait and to give way to those disembarking, you find all sorts still rudely shoving their way through. All kinds of people - men and women in business suits, students, girls in tudungs, etc. On the surface they may look professional, but the minute the train arrives, the kiasuness takes hold and they step forward until their nose is practically touching the door.

Then the door opens and those trying to come out find themselves fighting against a wave of incoming passengers intent on hunting down empty seats. I really pity those unfortunate passengers who aren't able to get out because of these selfish idiots and have to get off at the next stop instead.

I wish the government would pass a law against queue jumpers and impose mandatory jail sentences for them. And if they try their queue cutting ways in jail, they'll get bashed up by hardened criminals until they're cured of this nasty habit.That would be sweet justice indeed. Malaysians better thank their lucky stars I'm not the PM ...

Till next time, this is Kucing Gatal signing out with an irate Meow.

8 Comments:

  • Hey hey, I know how you feel; but I don't think it's possible to legislate for good manners.

    Rude ppl sometimes deserve roughshod treatment just to knock some sense back into them. Then again, a lot of ppl who walk into the LRT / elevators without waiting for ppl to come out first are doing so because "everybody else is". So how?

    By Blogger Unknown, at August 29, 2005 5:43 PM  

  • what i'll always do is whenever i'm about to get off the lrt and those outside seemed eager to board without waiting, i'll put my elbows out to the side. at least, it'll knock into some people who has no sense of courtesy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 29, 2005 5:55 PM  

  • i almost never experience it ... because i'm big in size so usually people will move to give me spaces ... (and they will run if they saw me sweating ... lol)

    anyway its no use to teach them ... they're already old in age and it will take us forever to teach them the good manner ... let just pray so they'll die early.

    lets teach our next generation, our own kids, our nieces etc etc so they will in future will have good manner. i know i will teach my kids (when i have one .. later ... not married yet ... :P)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 29, 2005 7:17 PM  

  • this has got nothing to do with your post. i just need some suggestions about one thing.

    my CEO is retiring soon. and the COO is asking me to plan something surprising during the Managers Conference. The Conference will happen this Thursday, (01/09). I just don't have the idea.

    I need you to suggest something that is not epxensive, does not require heavy preparation, and the surprise has got to be sweet, or touching, or meaningful.

    help me here. thanks. i'll checked in again tomorrow.

    to the other viewers, sorry eh, i'm way out of topic. i know.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 29, 2005 8:54 PM  

  • This is not only happening in M'sia...I was in HK a few weeks ago and witnessed the same thing on their MTR...

    -a reader-

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 30, 2005 12:02 AM  

  • i hate it when that happens. experienced it countless times. we keep blaming Singaporeans as Kiasu bastards but then we ourselves do it. Don't just think of LRT. We cut queue's everywhere!! The aunty on the road. At toll-booths and all... buggers!!! hate em buggers!

    Prob we shud do what the first anonymous said... put ur elbows out and just BARGE out. let em hurt abit...

    By Blogger Unknown, at August 30, 2005 12:37 AM  

  • oh tell me about it!

    i take monorail to work everyday and everyday without fail i will see people waiting infront of the door, totally ignoring the yellow line where they should stand behind it.

    worse place to get off from the monorail is the bukit bintang stop.

    next time, i'll wear durians around me.

    By Blogger kakicucuklangit, at August 30, 2005 9:08 AM  

  • KG for PM. Yay!

    With anyone else, I'd ask if there was any sense in designating In/Out doors. In the land of the Merdeka though, that's just another invitation to misbehaviour.

    If I had it my way, I'd open doors on BOTH sides of the LRT. Then the charging uglies will get the shock of their lives -- from landing on the high voltage supply on the other side.

    From the frying pan....

    By Blogger plink, at August 30, 2005 9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home