Kucing Gatal Speaks

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The male species

"Kucing," someone recently asked me, "Are you anti-male?"

"Of course not, what gave you that idea?" I asked.

"Just some of the things you write ... seems you have reason to hate men."

"Well I may dislike a few because of personal reasons, but that doesn't mean I hate all of them," I said.

"Ah."

Although many males may deserve the brickbats hurled at them by angry women, there are good men out there. They are getting harder and harder to find, but I do believe that some jantans are generally OK. Many women insist that "all men are bastards" - and this view is reinforced again and again through news reports and personal accounts - but on occasion, you hear about the man who never forgets his wife's birthday, is kind and thoughtful, does all the housework and pampers his wife, and your faith in mankind is somewhat restored.

Then you read a newspaper and hear about rapists and kidnappers and robbers and your opinion of men plummets again.

But really, I know that there are good, decent, husband-material men still available. I just don't know where, exactly.

I'd like to put on record that I am not a man-hater. I may sometimes get angry with them and generalise about how evil all men are, but hey, who doesn't? Men have a way of driving you insane, but then again, it works the other way around too. It's just the different ways men and women think which causes the friction.

I'd like to turn this into a feel-good post, so ladies (and men), if you know of a nice, decent fellow worthy of a mention, do leave a comment telling us all about him. Whether it's your brother, your lover, your ex-husband, your son, or your neighbour's aunty's plumber, let everyone who reads this blog, especially the single women on the prowl, know that there is hope after all ;) Prove once and for all that Malaysia has its share of good men!

Till next time, this is Kucing Gatal signing out with a not-all-men-are-useless Meow.

7 Comments:

  • Dear Kucing,

    One thing I observed is that when they feel men have wronged them, they will gossip to everyone including the toilet jaga about it.

    But when there is a guy who is especially sweet to them, most will not tell anyone about it, lest someone else steals the guy away first. Only those insecure ones will brag and even exaggerate. The majority of women, they just smile inside and plot on how to keep that guy for herself.

    Yours meowingly.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 30, 2005 11:28 AM  

  • Can post about myself or not? :D

    Male Gatal :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 30, 2005 11:48 AM  

  • Aw: true, people love to bitch about others. Rarely do you find women bragging about their men, probably to avoid the "evil eye" being cast on them :)

    Jacky: Certainly, but it would be more credible if someone else praised you instead ;)

    By Blogger Kucing Gatal, at November 30, 2005 12:21 PM  

  • i just want to say that i'm lucky to be married to one. he is the most kind and passionate and thoughtful and loving and he pampers me like crazy.

    before meeting my hubby, i too thought all guys were scum and none had redeeming qualities. well, now i know that i was wrong and there are good guys around (though finding them would be quite tough).

    By Blogger mudslinger, at November 30, 2005 12:26 PM  

  • I dun badmouth guys who are mean to me because heck, my own pasal also wad go cari men like that. I dun even bad mouth this particular ex who I thikn is a bangang because it's not worth my time.

    Good guys are hard to find, that's why you have evil bitches trying to pancing them from you. So if you brag, you're just inviting unnecessary threats.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 30, 2005 1:18 PM  

  • And i always believe that among all those bad guys, there are always one good one standing waiting for me to pancing =P And hey, I've got one now!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 30, 2005 1:20 PM  

  • '... It's just the different ways men and women think which causes the friction....' o_O
    Would that be *good* friction or *bad* friction?!

    *Good man alert*
    Doting father of three, working in R&D. Always remembers anniversaries, wife's birthday, kiddies birthdays. I hear he's taking the family out to USA for ski trip in January.
    What a shame then, that he's already married!

    *I want to go USA orso!*

    By Blogger plink, at November 30, 2005 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home