Kucing Gatal Speaks

Sunday, July 03, 2005

My govt gets horny reading sex Q&As

What's this Kucing Gatal hears? A ban on sex articles and Q&A in the media? There goes a few pages in Cleo, and I'm guessing FHM will now be reduced to a 10-page publication.

So let me get this straight. Say someone has a valid question, like: My husband and I got married 3 years ago, and we're trying to have a baby. I used to be on the pill but stopped a few months ago. Will this have any effect on our reproduction efforts?

Would a question like that be allowed? Would an article on sexually-transmitted diseases be allowed, or will it be a blanket ban on everything sex-related?

I really don't see what's the problem here. People are trying to get answers, they're trying to get educated. You think students in sex ed classes are going to ask their teachers: "Teacher, teacher, yesterday my boyfriend and I did some heavy petting, do you think I'm pregnant?" Of course not. For obvious reasons, these people write to magazines for advice. And in most cases, the agony aunt/uncle advises them to abstain, rather than risk diseases/pregnancies.

I'm not condoning sex between/with minors here, I'm just saying that at least there's some place these people can turn to for help. Well, there's always the Internet but sometimes you want an answer that's personalised for you and your unique problem.

I really wonder what the government is thinking. You think by banning sex articles and Q&A, unmarried couples are going to stop having sex? You think they have sex BECAUSE they read these articles? They wake up one morning, turn to page 35, read a sex Q&A, and get all horny? "Darling, look here, someone asked if it's a good idea to tell a partner about their previous sex lives. Ooh quickly come here, honey, I steam already ... "

Well, no matter. Kucing Gatal is still offering free Agony Aunt services for all problems, sex-related or otherwise. No need to spend RM5 a month just to see if your problem has been addressed. So come one, come all, write to the wise Kucing.

To the anonymous reader who commented in my last post, I will address your query in my next post, ok?

Till next time, this is Kucing Gatal signing out with a non-sexual Meow.

6 Comments:

  • Maybe they angry that so many people unsure of their gay feelings writing to magazines and columns like dear big bro, "Dear BB, I always feel more comfortable around guys than gals, when I'm with gals I feel nothing but everytime near guys I feel all feverish" or maybe articles like "I'm a bad person, I play with my dick most of the time, am I abnormal". Sadly all these can be solved with good advice but if they cut off the outlet maybe they'll go to places that will skew their brains even more.

    By Blogger Kervin, at July 03, 2005 9:33 AM  

  • really? never knew our gov has strayed that far.
    great next we'd be banned from the mags for showing too much bare skin.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 03, 2005 12:20 PM  

  • The next thing you know, everyone writes into The Star's Big Bro (every Wednesday) for sex-related questions. Ok, I can almost predict what's going to happen thereafter. Big Bro column will be discontinued. Ok, next, readers write to Dear Thelma (starmag every Sunday) to ask sex-related questions. Ok, then that one also will be discontinued.

    What's going on in the minds of the politicians, man..

    By Blogger narrowband, at July 03, 2005 12:41 PM  

  • now that got Kucing gatal blog, no need to read CLEO liaw. you're very informative in this area :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 03, 2005 3:38 PM  

  • yeah, kucing gatal transforming from what I originally thought to be a sexy vixen into an auntie agony. Well, still entertaining in a way..:)

    By Blogger Optimist, at July 03, 2005 9:51 PM  

  • Kervin: Yeah, I guess maybe they don't want to acknowledge that gay people exist ...

    Leona: Thanks for the vote of confidence!

    Torment: I'm still a sexy vixen, don't doubt that ;) I'm also probably the sexiest Aunt Agony around ...

    By Blogger Kucing Gatal, at July 04, 2005 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home