Kucing Gatal Speaks

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Catching his attention the wrong way

I was walking along minding my own business this afternoon when I spotted this somewhat cute guy parked next to my car. So I fished out my sunglasses, put them on to have a surreptitious look at him and checked him out. What a butt!

To top it off, he looked my way and I was sure that I caught a glimmer of a smile. I was just about to bestow him with a super sexy Kucing smile, when that thing that sometimes happens when I am trying to look cool in front of a cute guy happened.

I tripped.

It wasn't graceful. It was the type where your heel gets caught on something and the momentum causes you to stumble forward heavily and you try to correct yourself but overdo it and end up looking like a flailing octopus.

Totally embarrassed, I was glad I had the sunglasses on, at least it hid part of my face although I was sure the rest of it was beet red. I didn't dare look at Mr Cutie as I was sure he was laughing his cute ass off.

I reached my car and pressed the remote to unlock it.

Nothing.

*press*

Nothing.

*press press press!*

Nothing.

Damn it! Of all times for the stupid battery to die. I tried slamming it on my palm a couple of times but it didn't work.

So I had to kneel and bang the damn thing on the road a couple of times.

*press*

*teet teet* Thankfully it worked.

Now my face was red AND hot. So much for trying to look sexy and cool.

I got in the car and started the engine. Since I am somewhat thick-skinned, I stole a glance at the cutie to see if he was still looking my way.

He was. And he was smirking.

Hmph. I decided to salvage whatever was left of my dignity.

The plan was to reverse the car out smoothly and then shoot off down the road, leaving him staring open-mouthed at my superior driving skills.

I put the car in reverse and inched out.

*HONK! HONK!!!!!!*

I nearly had a heart attack, some impatient driver couldn't wait for me to reverse out and decided to let the whole neighbourhood know. OK, never mind, maybe the driver had to rush to the toilet because he had severe diarrhea. Always give these kind of people the benefit of the doubt, if only to stop yourself from boiling over and reacting angrily and giving in to road rage.

I checked behind me more carefully and reversed safely, then drove off smoothly as planned.

As I looked in the rearview mirror smugly, I saw Mr Cutie had already lost interest and was crossing the road.

Then I ran over an empty juice box someone had thoughtfully laid out on the road to ambush unsuspecting drivers like yours truly, and there was a loud POP like a mini explosion. I don't know if Mr Cutie ever turned back to look, because I just shot off out of there.

*sigh*

It just wasn't my day.

Till next time, this is Kucing Gatal signing out with a mortified Meow.

10 Comments:

  • *pat pat*

    It was just one of those days; surely it's not as bad as the time I winked at a really cute chick, and the gay guy standing behind her winked back.

    By Blogger Unknown, at November 30, 2005 8:37 PM  

  • lol @ tigerjoe

    the guy should have been a hero and come and picked you up but NOO...

    minus points =)

    By Blogger Reta, at November 30, 2005 9:00 PM  

  • Sounds just like the opening scene for a romantic comedy.

    And we all know just how they finish: girl gets guy, they live happily ever after.

    Next scene: KG happily minding her own business, CuteGuy's turn to be attractively clumsy pulak. =)

    Gerenti bagus punye!

    By Blogger plink, at November 30, 2005 9:40 PM  

  • oh poor you.

    its just one of those plain bad day. you'll get over it ;)

    By Blogger kakicucuklangit, at December 01, 2005 1:37 AM  

  • Kaki: I got over it once I left the scene. On to the next cute guy!

    Tigerjoe: Now THAT is tragically funny ;)

    Cyber red: I didn't really fall, it was just a stumble. But he could have been gallant and asked me if I was all right ;)

    Plink: I rather have this scenario - KG happily minding her own business, cute billionaire trips and falls head over heels in love with her and they get married and live happily ever after. OK I'm being greedy ... a millionaire will do.

    By Blogger Kucing Gatal, at December 01, 2005 5:23 AM  

  • ouches!! malu, malu....but at least u tried to keep ur cool lar. ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 01, 2005 9:19 AM  

  • Hey, my fav heels got stuck at some crack in Adidas MV before and the whole heel was scratched. Bugger. They should fill the damn hole. Argh.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 01, 2005 12:51 PM  

  • Missed opportunity. You could have redeemed yourself by offering him a ride.

    By Blogger sic6sense, at December 01, 2005 1:46 PM  

  • *assuming i was cute with a nice but*
    I'd have walked over to initiate some conversation! What an opportunity!

    By Blogger narrowband, at December 13, 2005 4:50 PM  

  • *butt

    By Blogger narrowband, at December 13, 2005 4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home